Sunday, July 8, 2012

SHOE CONNOISSEUR - Ivie Imoisili


  I have yet to meet a woman who didn't love a good shoe, but let's be honest we don't always have it in our budget to buy every pair we like.  So, when you find a woman like Ivie Imoisili that has had the good fortune to collect over 400+ shoes you just have to sit back and admire her.  Ivie has a shoe collection that would tug at any shoe lovers heart, with bold colors, unique styles, and classic designer heels.  Her shoe closet is very pink, cute, and inviting allowing easy movement and selection of that perfect pair to go with any outfit.
Ivie has also taken her shoe love into a side profession as a brand ambassador for Just Fabulous, Kimora Lee Simmons monthly shoe membership club.  Whether it is just following her passion for collecting or sharing her love of shoes as a brand ambassador Ivie is definitely a woman after every shoe lovers heart.     My oh so fabulous editor suggested I reach out to Ivie, who is known for her massive collection, for an interview.   After weeks of playing email tag we finally got it done and know I can finally share with you her story and photos of her amazing collection. 


(Me)  Would you say you have a shoe obsession?  When, did you first realize you had a love for shoes?

(Ivie) Some would say I have a shoe obsession but I consider myself a collection of feminine footwear. I realized I had a love for shoes when I graduated from college, started working full time and could afford to buy more than a pair at a time.

(Me) Do you remember the first pair you purchased?  What were they?

(Ivie) I remember the very first pair of shoes I purchased with my own money. I just received my first paycheck from Target and went to the shoe section and bought 2 pairs of shoes for $25. Looking back, they were the ugliest pairs of shoes ever but it was my first high from a shoe purchase so they were special.

(Me) How many shoes do you have in your collection?

(Ivie) I have over 400 pairs in my collection but this summer, I made it a goal to cut my collection down by a hundred pairs and so far, I have given away over 40 pairs. I am still looking for a loving home for the remaining pairs.



(Me) How many square feet is your shoe closet?  Is it your dream closet?

(Ivie) I’m not sure of the exact square footage of my shoe closet but when I was in the market for a home, I looked for a home with one more bedroom than I actually needed because the idea was to turn a bedroom into a shoe closet, which is what I did as soon as I started the remodel on my current home. It is my dream shoe closet.




(Me)  Did any celebrity shoe closets inspire your shoe closet?

(Ivie) Surprisingly, Miley Cyrus’ closet inspired my shoe closet. I saw a picture of her closet in one of my shoe groups and I fell in love. First of all, the walls were pink… my FAVORITE color. Secondly, it was so simple, it was easy to take what I wanted and put my own spin on it.

Continue reading this interview at FuzionMag.com

2 comments: