Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sporty Shoe Trend

I'm honestly torn about this sporty shoe trend I'm seeing for the spring.  It almost reminds me of those horrible Jordan sneakers with the equally gross kitten heel.

Exhibit A.


Don't get me wrong none of the shoe's I've seen are as bad as the fiasco above but I'm still a bit torn.  On one hand I like the concept of spicing up the sporty look to make it more versatile.  But how much versatility do you really need with sports attire...I mean it's just the gym, golf course, or perhaps the tennis club...and why would you need heels for any of those things?  Unless of course you are going there to look cute and pick up guys in which case go for it.  But the reality is you'd have to take the heels off, throw on some sneakers and get to business.

On the other hand they definitely make a statement...there giving me 'I can make anything look sexy even my workout' and I like that.  Check out this month's U.S. Glamour magazine to get a taste of the sporty shoe trend or view pics below.   I wouldn't say this trend is for me but I have my eye on those Nicholas Kirkwood for Prabal Gurung heels...love!  What do you guys think?


Rag & Bone

Jimmy Choo

Nicholas Kirkwood for Prabal Gurung


*Images from April, 2012 Glamour Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment