Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ruthie Davis Fall 2011 Collection

Last summer I visited the Ruthie Davis exhibit at the New Britain Museum of American Art located in New Britain, CT.  Not only was it fitting that her shoes be displayed with other great works of art, but, to see them first hand was truly inspiring.  Don't get me wrong I've seen and worn great shoes, but what was was inspiring about viewing Ruthie's shoes was knowing she grew up 15mins from where I live now in that same small Connecticut town of New Britain.  If you know anything about CT you know it's not exactly on the map for being a fashion metropolis, not that there isn't great talent here, it's just often overlooked.  I hope to meet Ruthie one day, but until then I'll always remember that "Sometimes you have to step out to step up!" and why not do it in a pair of 6" stilettos?

Below you will find some amazingly sexy shoes from Ruthie's Fall 2011 collection also viewable on www.ruthiedavis.com.  I love how Ruthie can take hard industrial objects like nuts, bolts, and spikes and make a bad ass shoe that any Shoe Bytch would be proud to wear.  Ruthie's shoes, which have been worn by celebrities like Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Fergi, and more, can be purchased at Bloomingdale's and Endless (among other places). The larger shoes that are singled out below are some of my favs from this collection.  Tell me what you think!

P.S. I'm getting an S&M vibe from those 'Microcompact' booties...anyone else?


Microcompact (Black Pony)


Microcompact (Racecar Green)
Aerial Deluxe (Black and Rose Gold)

Palm Springs (Grey Multi)

Pool (Black Multi)
Spike (Black Pony)

Spikette (Rose Gold)


Prefab (Black and Rose Gold)

Horizon (Black, Gunmetal, and Rose Gold)


No comments:

Post a Comment